Thanks to the globalization of services, nowadays it is very common for American and Canadian Citizens to get on board with Dental Tourism. Visiting the dentist isn’t an experience many people look forward to. In fact, it is quite the opposite, many prefer to procrastinate their visit as much as possible. However, in some cases treatments are really necessary and should not be postponed.
In addition to feeling uncomfortable with the experience, the prices for dental work may be extremely high, and not many insurance companies offer coverage for this service. That is why traveling abroad to get dental work has become an increasing trend for many people.
Dental tourism around the world
Dental tourism means travelling to foreign countries to get dental care. There are many different options for patients who need procedures done and want to save some money while still getting a quality job done. The most popular countries for dental tourism are: Costa Rica, Thailand, Malaysia, Argentina and Mexico.
Each one of these countries offers a set of advantages for dental tourist. However, Costa Rica’s Dental Tourism is by far the best option for American and Canadian citizens.
Why choosing Costa Rica as your dental tourism destination
Nowadays there is a great variety of options for destinations when it comes to dental tourism. However, Costa Rica stands as the best option for the following reasons:
- The difference in the prices is very high, allowing patients to save around 40-50% of costs in many procedures.
- You can enjoy the trip as an amazing vacation at the beautiful beaches after getting your procedure done. It is an excellent way to recover and escape from your routine.
- Most clinics in Costa Rica are so used to receiving tourists that the staff speaks English to offer a better service.
- If you live in USA or Canada, traveling to Costa Rica means a quick and simple flight.
- You can verify a dentist’s credentials before making an appointment. This beautiful country ensures maximum quality in the services they offer, that is why the National College of Dental Surgeons requires dentists to register to get licensed.
- Dentists in Costa Rica are required to get at least 5 years of college, many of them travel abroad to get training in different specialties.
- The variety of clinics and dentists available is very wide, so you can choose the best option for you in different parts of the country.
- Some of the best clinics offer their patients lifetime guarantee.
Important aspects to consider when traveling to Costa Rica for dental tourism
Traveling to Costa Rica to get dental work done is without a doubt an excellent choice. However, there are some important aspects you need to consider when planning your trip.
- Make your flight and accommodation reservations beforehand.
- Take your time to research the clinic and dentist of your choosing. Read other patient’s opinions and even check with the National College of Dental Surgeons.
- Ask your dentists all you need to know regarding recovery and follow-up appointments.
From dental crowns to full mouth restoration, Costa Rica has a complete variety of dental services to offer tourists. With a careful research, this trip can help you save money while getting high quality attention and treatment. Now that you know why Costa Rica is the best option for dental work, contact us, we are sure we can help you.