When it comes to oral health there are many different procedures and treatments that can help you keep a beautiful and healthy smile for longer: dental crowns and bridges, veneers, implant, and bleaching, among others. However, there is a specific procedure for every case, the best option will be determined by your dentist based on the condition of your teeth and gums.
When it comes to dental crowns many dentists recommend them as they can be the solution for a variety of issues, like crooked, misshaped or partially damaged teeth. With the expansion of dental tourism, each day more people decide to travel abroad to get different dental procedures, being crowns one of them.
Why getting dental crowns?
There are 2 main reasons why you should get dental crowns:
- Damaged teeth: if you have a damaged or weakened tooth, with a crack, for example, a crown may be the solution to hold it together and prevent further damage.
- Tooth restoration with implants: if you are getting a dental implant, a crown will be placed over the implant.
- Protection after root canal treatment: after getting a treatment for root canal your teeth might become brittle or weak, and a dental crown placed over them can protect them and help them restore their strength.
- Filled teeth: When a tooth gest a large filling or multiple fillings they become week and need a crown.
- Stained teeth: Sometimes teeth are so heavily stained that professional whitening or bleaching doesn’t change its appearance. In these cases, a crown can be used to mask the stains.
- Crooked teeth: crown can also be used to cover crooked or discolor teeth, helping you to keep a beautiful smile.
Is it recommended to get dental crowns in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica has stand out as one of the main destinations for dental tourist thanks to the great quality of the service, the highly qualified professionals and the state-of-the-art equipment for all procedures. All dentists in the country are required to register in the National College of Dental Surgeons, which ensures all professional are properly licensed.
The main reason why many American choose to get dental implants in Costa Rica is that the prices are more affordable than in the US, while still keeping the highest quality standards.
Procedure to get dental crowns
If you have decided to get dental crowns in Costa Rica, it is very important that you fully understand the procedure, so you can plan your trip accordingly and get the most out of it.
Step 1: Tooth Preparation
The first part is preparing the tooth by removing materials placed to make enough room for the crown. In some cases a temporary crown can be used in the meantime.
Step 2: Impressions
After the tooth is prepared, the impressions will be taken so the lab can work on your exact dimensions.
Step 3: Installation
After the crown has been designed with the impressions taken, your dentist will proceed to install it in a single day.
Now that you know how to determine when dental crowns are necessary, you can start your research and plan your next dental tourism trip. Come to Costa Rica for high quality dental procedures at affordable prices.
Contact Costa Rica Implants for more details.